1. Driftwood – Wolfgang Muthspiel featuring Larry Grenadier and Bryan Blade http://player.ecmrecords.com/wolfgang-muthspiel–driftwood
2. Mehliana: Taming the Dragon – Brad Mehldau and Mark Guiliana http://www.bradmehldau.com/mehliana/
3. Lily-O – Sam Amidon http://samamidon.com/lily-o
4. Kin – Pat Metheny Unity Group http://www.patmetheny.com/current-release/
5. Trilogy – Chick Corea http://chickcorea.com/albums/trilogy/
6. Range of Light – S. Carey http://scarey.org/albums/lp
7. The Nature Of Connections – Arve Henriksen http://www.arvehenriksen.com/
8. WIRING – TRIO 3 + VIJAY IYER http://www.intaktrec.ch/233-a.htm
Jazz Composer’s Companion by Gil Goldstein – Combines fundamental ideas of harmony, rhythm, and color with interviews featuring contributions from Chick Corea, Bill Evans, and Pat Metheny.
Bauhas by Magdalena Droste – Amazing offering from Taschen. It’s author has worked at the Bauhaus Archiv in Berlin since 1980
The Roaring Silence by David Revill – The most authoritative account of Cage’s life. It was written by a professor with whom I study and has been informative and engaging.
Hugh and Crye
Power was still out after the weekend’s Derecho so I was forced out of the house. Spent the morning with my mom and younger brother in Annapolis, our state capitol. Very charming little town
My mom and dad lived right on the water in Annapolis before they made the move to Los Angeles. She knew her way around very well
Lots of Colonial-style architecture
“Equal Justice Under Law”
Mediocre shot of espresso from http://www.49westcoffeehouse.com/
Thankfully, our electricity was on by the time we arrived back home. Thank God for AC
Spent the morning before the storm in Georgetown with my dog.
It was ridiculously hot so we ended up at the new fountain at Washington Harbour. Gorgeous piece of accessible architecture.
On a hot day, it’s quite the spot. There was even another golden doodle running around. I love what they’ve done with it.
Ended off the morning at Dean and Deluca’s walk up espresso bar. Iced chai latte with a shot. This is a perfect example of why I love this city.